You will be the leader in the development of online marketing strategies as well as client relationship building and retention, and business development initiatives. You will act as the internal and external cross-functional lead across client accounts while helping to execute business strategy, identify opportunities, and initiate and maintain new partnerships. We will ultimately look to you to
provide thought-leadership to key clients and stakeholders, while spearheading new business efforts, increasing brand awareness and positioning Brooklyn Tax Service well in the digital arena.
- Develop and implement a deep understanding and business strategy of our capabilities and the state of our industry, in order to win and succeed against our competitors
- Increase awareness of our company and our service in a fierce and wonderful way
- Win new business and expand Brooklyn Tax Service as an established name in tax and business services
- Identify and communicate innovative opportunities and trends to management
- Solicit, pitch and receive requests for proposals and requests for information
- Have the fortitude and ability to cause something as classically unappealing to the public as tax become more pleasurable and do-able to millennials, entrepreneurs and forward-thinking people by becoming our clients.
- At least 3 years in a similar role with a forward thinking and high growth online service agency
- BA in marketing, advertising, economics or similar topic
- Background in tax and accounting is a plus
- A memorable personality
- Extremely organized and doesn’t need to be told what to do. You have the ingredients in front of you and you make a gourmet meal.
- You thrive in the online marketing world
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Client Relations Coordinator
The ideal candidate has experience building client relationships. You are adept at listening, can work collaboratively and effectively across the services we provide, and easily address the needs of all our accounts. You are efficient and are ready to contribute to a growing agency as a valued leader that cares about our clients.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with our key clients and accounts
- Differentiate our services in a very competitive marketplace
- Manage and effectively handle incoming inquiries and begin the process of collecting information and setting up accounts
- Effectively and efficiently monitor stages of client projects while managing expectations, keeping clients abreast, and troubleshooting to provide amicable solutions and support as needed
- Continue to develop our service offerings to drive new and renewal revenue
- Answer emails and phone calls promptly, and provide follow up
- Offer our clients a first-class experience as they look to us as a new tax industry leader
- At least 3 years in a client service environment
- Extremely efficient and organized
- Proven track record in assisting high-powered smart clients and managing accounts
- A pleasant personality and exceptionally communicative demeanor
- Superior written and verbal skills
- Able to work independently
- Proficient in MS Office
- Able to learn how to use and navigate various client management, tax preparation and accounting software platforms
- Motivation to succeed and grow with us
Tax and Accounting Intern
We are seeking an intern for the 2018 tax season. If you like taxes, are extremely responsible and articulate and want to work in an urban, fun office, we encourage you to apply.
- BA in Accounting / Taxation
- CPA, EA or working on getting there
- Must provide proof of current valid PTIN
- Experience using tax preparation software- Drake, Intuit and/or Ultra Tax
- XERO and QuickBooks proficient
In addition to the typical tax preparation duties, you will be keeping a journal of tax issues that arise, and will write interesting short articles for our blog and social media pages. Creative writing and organization is a must.